Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunk in the Lake

LAKE COUNTY FAIR. Just heard from them last week after giving them more than a month to decide. Fair is Labor Day Weekend. I sent in my application and they took their time responding. Several weeks ago, I was told that they had a 'new administration' and they were taking a long time deciding. After that, I attempted to get a decision by them and emailed them several times. Finally, last week I recieved a response:

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. However, at this time, we do not have a space for your merchandise. For a better chance in finding booth space at this fair, I would suggest putting in your application much sooner than the middle of July. Many of our vendors place an application with us just after they are posted on our web site in January. Thank you for your interest in our fair. ...... Ray

and I responded:Why didn't you tell me this in the first place? (no space) I am not impressed at all with the way this was handled and I really have no interest in ever doing your fair. Gosh, do you treat everybody like this? You people are terrible and quite inconsiderate and of course, I will pass this information on to my fellow vendors.

NOTE: If you hang on to an application longer than a week, then one would assume that they have been accepted. If you are filled with vendors, all you need to do is to inform people that you are full and that's the end of it. This is not a rocket science, you know. I am not somebody who is going to get three, maybe four spaces and I am sure that you would handle things differently. But me, I am a struggling vendor trying to make ends meet just like everybody else out there and I wish that you would treat us with a little dignity and respect instead of tossing our paperwork aside. I don't appreciate that and I am sure you wouldn't either if you were put in the same situation. Don't bullshit me, okay? One of these days, when you are struggling to find vendors, don't ever come looking for me. Seriously, if you treated me like this now, I can only imagine getting even more shafted if I were there. Hasta la vista, baby. And I speak for all the vendors around that have ever had this happen to them....You can kiss my ass!!

I have talked to people who are familiar with Ray and the Lake County Fair and they basically gave me good reports. But as far as I am concerned, their reputation is tainted and this could happen to you. I would like to encourage vendors to contact any event they submit applications for after one week has elapsed. Most importantly, ask them when their decision will be made.

No comments: