Monday, August 24, 2009

Newark Summerfest

Held during the weekend of August 22-23, 2009 at Newpark Mall in Newark, CA. The promoter's of this event is Festival Productions. A first time event that needs a lot of work to be done.

Dropped by there on Sunday to check it out. Looks like it could be a nice event for people to attend. However, crowds weren't that great and vendors weren't making much money. I drove down Mowry and headed for the entrance to the Mall. I spotted a bunch of booths and headed over there. Lots of traffic congestion and it took me several minutes to get a parking spot. I walked over and discovered that it was a farmer's market and it was hopping. There were quite a few booths there, but the craft fair was not located around there. Went back into the van and drove all the way around the mall until I saw more canopies. They had several food booths, entertainment (?), beer, wine, sufficient number of porta potties and of course, a bunch of vendors and not a whole heck of a lot of shoppers. I am not crazy about 'mall shows' and this one was no exception. This is the first year for the event and from a vendor's standpoint, not very good. Not enough people and not too many buying. I did feel 'energy' there, but it sure the hell wasn't coming from shoppers.

click here to visit website, etc.

No comments: