Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Canopies for events (EZups, Caravan, etc)

ADDED ON 01/06/09 I just received my canopy and opened it up and it was broken. I am through with these cheap COSTCO canopies...like I said last week, mentioning that they are cheaply made. The PLASTIC PIECE ON ONE OF THE CORNERS was broken and the canopy is useless. I called COSTCO and had to wait half an hour and they told me to call the individual stores and that I did. Hayward Business Center....no canopy. San Leandro, no canopy. Fremont... no canopy and I was told that the COSTCO's no longer carry them in their stores, you have to order them. I explained that I needed it by Tuesday and it was tough turkey for me. He said that I could bring my canopy to any store and get a refund. Wow. What a burn. Did I ever get screwed on this piece of junk. DO NOT BUY COSTCO CANOPIES.

I doubt that UPS damaaged it in shipping because there were no frayed edges on the box. No sign of damage on it. Additionally there's a round thing that goes on top of the canopy and it was attached to the middle pole that extends upward. Broken. So it looks like I have to use an old CARAVAN canopy of mine that has a big tear on the side of the top piece and I have to tie a couple pieces together to hold them in place. My 'better' canopy has patched up holes on top and a couple connectors snapped. Both covers sag terribly and I hope that we don't have rain. I am sure that either of those two canopie would win the 'Ugliest Canopy Contest'.

I will never ever buy another COSTCO CANOPY again. Usually I get to use them 2 or 3 times at least before they start breaking, cover tearing or pieces snapping off. Pay the money... GET YOURSELF a decent EZ-UP or something similar, but do not buy COSTCO CANOPIES. Piece of trash.

This is what I said last week, before I received the canopy.

I just came across a website that has a wide selection of canopies for A&C Shows, festivals, street fairs or whatever you wish to one for. I just bought my 4th Caravan Canopy from COSTCO and they are half-way decent. Kind of light though and not made of steel like some of the better quality one's out there. Covers are fair and the sides of these are cheaply made.

If you want somewhat better quality canopies, such as the E-Z Up's here is a website that you can take a look at. They have a nice selection and the website is nicely designed. Large pictures of various canopies along with the features of each. They have The ENTERPRISE II, HUT, & ECLIPSE II. Also DOME II. They have accessories for the canopies; sidewalls, etc

http://www.craftcanopy.com/ezup.htm

1 comment:

Karen said...

Nice find, I will let our website vendors know. And, very nice to meet you too. Catch me on twitter. I am coolkay... would love to see you there.