Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bay Area Thrift Stores

San Leandro. Thrift Town 16160 East 14th St. San Leandro, CA I absolutely loved this thrift store. It was huge, well organized, and packed full of fabulous items. I had a hard time finding much clothes that I liked or that were not outrageously priced. I did find some great slips here, so it could have just been an off day for the clothes I looked at. They had a wonderful selection of books, household items, vintage shoes, and luggage. I definitely, definitely am going back next time I make my rounds up North!

Berkeley Goodwill 2058 University Avenue, Berkeley, CA This is a nice big store. Unfortunately we were on our way to lunch and I only had a chance to look through a small portion of their clothes. The prices are about the same as most shops in the area, and though I didn’t find anything spectacular, I think it could have just been an off day. I will probably go back if I happen to be in that area again.

Oakland Clausen House Thrift 4834 Telegraph Ave Oakland, CA I went to this thrift store a while back with my mom and had some pretty good luck finding good items. This time around, the whole store looked different, and while more organized, I didn’t see a single thing in this tiny store that so much as caught my eye. I would only go back if I were walking by and needing to kill a few minutes.

Saint Vincent de Paul Outlet Store 9235 San Leandro St. Oakland, CA This was a funny store, and one that would be incredibly easy to miss. I’m not sure how my mom found it, seeing that the outlet is in back of another store, which you have to walk through to get to. They had a fair selection of clothes, were very well organized, and not too overpriced. There was a huge selection of furniture, and only one other shopper in the store, which was kind of strange, but we had lots of room to look!

I have composed a listing of Thrift Stores in the Bay Area.... Oakland, San Leandro, El Ceritto, San Francisco, etc. Go here to see our Bay Area Thrift Store guide.

No comments: