Thursday, October 23, 2008

Junk Mail

I think that a lot of people probably do this. All of us still get quite a bit of junk mail and just toss it in the trash. As for myself, I open it up, remove any part that has my name on it and stuff the remainder inside their post-paid envelope, which will go back to them. Of course, they have to pay the postage on them.

Just finished doing about 15 of these and wll toss these in the mail box today. Been doing this for a couple years. With mail volumes dropping, the postal service needs more business anyway.

If you have any of those small red bricks or pieces of wood you want to get rid of, just tape one of these postage-paid envelopes on top of them and bring them down to your post office. I do believe that they will take it. However, since you are going to the window, they might ask you to put your return address on the mail. I think that if anything is over 1 pound, you have to go to the window. Otherwise, just drop it inside a mailbox.

No comments: