Monday, October 27, 2008

E-mail scam

Just received this one today:

From: frea2763507@gmail.com
to: xxxxxxxxx

Dear Business Owner,
I just reviewed your website and I feel certain that I can increase the traffic to your site at a fifth of what you are paying right now.

We are the number 1 SEO company on Google. Our pricing is extremely competitive and our results are phenomenal.

Please let me know if I can send you further information to help you increase the traffic and profitability of your web business.

What we've done for others -

recent results include:Increased Online Revenue by 411% in 7 months.
Increased Monthly Website Traffic from 3,293 visitors to 21,545 visitors.
Generated $28,274.00 in Revenue with only $2400 investment in our services
Generated 16 Sales and $398,381.00 in Business with after just 2 months
________________________________________________________
Warm Regards,Neal Samules
2060 AVENIDA DE LOS ARBOLES, STE D
THOUSAND OAKS, CA 91362-1361 - USA_________________________________________________________

I get quite a bit of spam and I never ever respond to any offer. Take a look at the email address. this comes from a gmail account and not from a website. STRIKE ONE!!

He says: he can "increase the traffic to your site at a fifth of what you are paying right now." One fifth? I'm not paying thousands to promote my website, so this one/fifth figure is absurd. STRIKE TWO.

I did a search on his mailing address...uh uh uh. The address is a UPS Store. He oviously rents a mail box there. Matter of fact, this guy is running quite a bit of scams out of this location. STEEEERIKE THREE.

No comments: