Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Scams - check this one out

Here's a copy of the latest email scam I received. Please visit my website STARVING VENDORS Internet Email Scams. to read some of the scams I've come across.

Subject: Re: Selling your products through our group of stores this holiday season
Date: 8/28/2008 11:58:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
From: David@WiseRep.com
Reply To: (my email address)
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:
Do you wholesale your products? The stores we work with are aggressively looking for products to sell in their stores this holiday season. If you want to make a push, now's the time.
We work with buyers from the largest stores in the U.S. plus thousands of specialty stores, mail-order catalog companies and Internet shopping sites. We need a larger variety of products they can choose from, hence my email to you.

If you want to sell your products to more stores visit us at http://www.WiseRep.com
Sincerely, David Thibos Director of Merchandising WiseRep.com
I then clicked on their website, filling out bogus info along the way.

I came to a page that then said:

CLICK ON THE BOX. Yes. Sign me up. I want my products seen by the nations top retailers. I understand there is a one time set-up fee of $185. This allows me to post unlimited products on the site. I understand there is also a $30 monthly fee. Of course, I can cancel at any time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting these. I got contacted by David Thibos and thought it was legit. I am so glad that I didn't fall forhis scheme!

karmasherbs said...

Me too. I got an email from
David Thibos and also thought it was legit. His site looks professional - How is it that you know it's a scam?
Thanks for any info...

Polly Pierce said...

I got a similar e-mail today, supposedly the second. The site concerned does look very professional. Who the heck'd pay to have their products sold from this or any site, even with a discount of a hundred or so dollars...?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, makes my job of researching this so much easier!

Penny said...

Thanks from me, too, for posting the scam information! I received an e-mail from David Thibos also.
Penny
http://www.pennylaneboutique.com

www.playdiamonds.com said...

Thank you! I sell jewelry and also got an email from the David Thibos at first looks impressive but than it's totally scam. Great that I didn't pay their fees! My web is www.returnjewelry.com

Rizzo Tees said...

I JUST got this email. Googled "David Thibos" and came upon this blog post. Thank you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I too have been scammed by David Thibos of Wiserep. I paid him $215to subscribe to his services. After several months I asked him to prove to me that he is affiliated with these large stores and he will will not answer my queries concerning same. I demanded a total refund. He then told me that a refund to my credit card would be made within 48 hours of my demanding my money back. Needless to say, I never heard anymore from him. He is running a fraudulent operation. Check out BBB in Orange County, CA and read about others who have experienced the same thing.