Saturday, June 14, 2008

Motels booked up around here

I didn't decide upon doing this event in Cambria until about one month ago. Back then I began checking motels in the area and found that they were all filled up in San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay, San Simeon, etc. The only ones I could locate were the ones for $150 per night and there was no way I was going to pay that much.

I checked Motel 6 over in Atascadero and was able to reserve a room there. However, it was all sold out heading into this weekend due to the graduation at Cal Poly over in SLO. At the front desk, I heard one of the clerks tell somebody that the room was completely booked for Saturday... and I really hope that this place isn't full of graduates partying, etc. Lots of noise in this motel and I think that we have a bunch of elephants up above us. Can't get no respect.

Our room is located close to the swimming pool and if I hear them partying outside, I'll be watching for naked ladies' (over 21 years old, of course) jumping into the pool.

No comments: